Total Pageviews

Monday, October 25, 2010

My final Appreciation

           I look outside my window, and I always see the younger children playing around, always full of excitement. Nothing to trouble their thoughts. Somehwat a perfect life., is what i would call it at that age. Nothing to worry about, all you can really do to fulfill your childhood.it's a quick give & take situation. But Katherine Paterson sparked up new ideas in my head about what i was truly believing. As I started rereading bridge to Terabithia, I realized i was wrong.
         Bridge to Terabithia is an honest book, very sincere. Relatively, it implies we all need a friend to help us get throuhg the toughest days in our lives, which in Jesse Aaron's life, is Leslie Burke. In the book, they grow a very strong freindship, in which they they fight and defeat barriers creating an imaginary world, where rope would lead lead you to freedom, no stress, no worries- even if it was just a tree away from their homes-which are very different settings, which makes them even more different. The mood of their homes are very different. All homes are a diffrent atnosphere, as well as eacdh head is it's own world, but we're all alike, we're all human and we all make mistakes... And this book helped me remember that and get realistic about the world we really live in. some people live differently becuase of their religion and other becuase of this age. But in this book, nothing like that really happens, nothing with racial interpretation. It's more about confession, listening, and opening up your minds to new ideas. And this book does really mean alot to me, becuase it signifies being strong and struggling for your goals which is part of life.
         Jess is a really delicate character. And I couldn't dream of not being part of his life, going through his long days with his sisters who aren't really the ones who appreciate him, his mother who is too busy giving him jobs to do, than seeing what's right for him. And his father, who all the hatred builds up towards. This only happens becuase his father won't think about jess being an artist twice, which is causing Jess to feel like his life is a waste. So he deals with mixed emotions, trying to think about school, the music teacher, Julia Edmunds, that he loves, and his new friend. But with her, they make true their dreams, atleast for the while he lives life just as he would always want it to be. Neither of them wanted it to end that way. Never. But their secret world, did have some  things missing, and some things too much, that made it hard for them to sustain Terabithia a whole. Both Leslie was nice, she had a great personality. She was a true friend, becuase she wasn't selfish to not care for her only friend, but she opened her heart and let him in, and he found a place to hide from all the terror sorrounding them. Leslie was simply amazing. But with all the pleasure, came the problems. Becuase ther's no such thing...as perfect.
         To Me, the main idea of the book is hardship, and the way Jess bottled up his emotions wasn't doing him any good, but thankfully he had leslie to confide in, where he can express himslef freely. To me, my Leslie, Would be my grandmother. I call her Mama Nina. We'll just talk and rtalk for hours, and it'll seem like minutes to us. And during those important momets, she'll keep quiet becuase he knows what I tell her means alot to me. That way, she can give me the best advice, or share the best story to fit my shoes. And up till today, she hasn't failed me yet. I really do not know where i would stand with out. She is one of the most important people in my life. And our motto is learning from our mistakes, becuase it's never too late.
         We do learn something new everyday. And alot of that means that I learn to value the most extreme remix to the simplest song. But nevertheless, the one in between.
         In this case, I learned to appreciate the smallest but richest details and emotions throughout the book. Little by little it earns your heart. And that is quite what puts a tear in my eye. So don't waste time, go read it, and start to take off in a long but pleasant train of though that when it ends, you will want it back. I learned to appreciate life skills with friends, and family, but most importantly at this moment, remebered them with Bridge To Terabithia By Katherine Paterson.

No comments:

Post a Comment