Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Interpretation On Famous Langston Hughes Poem (Entry # 8)

         A few days ago, in class, we talked about a famous poem by Langston Hughes called Mother to son. The reason I think that it is famous, is because it is easy to relate to.  I find it very interesting that we can do this, because it has a theme, that i've mentioned alot in the Past. I've mentioned this in entry # 7, maybe # 6 and I did on my appreciation. This is what I think if it.

"Well, son, I'll tell you:
life for me ain't been no crystal stair.
It's had tacks in it,
and splinters,
and boards torn up,
and places with no carpet on the floor--
 Bare.
 But all the time
I'se been a-climbin' on,
and reachin' landin's,
and turnin' coeners,
and sometimes going in the dark
where there ain't been no light.
So boy, don't you turn back. Don't you set down on the steps
'cause you finds its kinder hard.
don't you fall now--
For i'se still goin', honey,
i'se still climbin',
and life for me ain't been no crystal stair."
No one should have to jusdghe you... no matter what, becuase one will never be perfect. Life is God's test, and it's not about passing, it's just about not falling. Tjhese are things that keep steady, that will not change, or are chaning. Never give up becuase bad times, can definitely make you stronger. Pull yourself through, and don't back down.  Life's a rollercoater, has its ups and downs. This can all be a concept of depression, stress, worries, preoccupations, lifelessness. There were barriers.
*Cryastals are clear, perfect, a diamond to fit right in. Life is sadly the opposite. But you can't go back to what is done. You cannot reverse time to make things look better, you can't take things back.

That was my interpretation of it. i feel like there are many emotions stressed out largely, falling deep, feeling alone, not knowing what you did wrong...

But this poem is not only to explain all, but to let us remmeber what we're here foor, becuase things aren't doomsday, and it's not the end of the world. Things are going to get better...
Just hope so.

2 comments: