Total Pageviews

Monday, October 18, 2010

An appreciation draft

I look outside my window, and I always see the younger children playing around, always full of excitement. Nothing to trouble their thoughts. Somewhat a perfect life, is what we call it at that age. Nothing to worry about, all you can do to fulfill your childhood. But I started rereading bridge to Terabithia, I realized I was completely wrong. Jess, The main character of a fantasy book of an imaginary world, goes through a lot of daily labor. I thought this was just amazing, in such a way, that it gave me a whole new idea of the book. Though there are 3 years of difference in age, his problems never would compare to mine.
       Jess was such a delicate character, and I thought it’d be hard to relate counting the odds. As in gender, living conditions, tastes. But I am Jess. In many ways. I remember complaining about making coffee, being different. Jess has reasons in wide variety to complain since he lives so far from skyscrapers. He is basically living as a farm boy, milking cows, and cutting grass, with overalls, something I’ve only dreamed of. Something I’ve thought about as a fantasy; something unreal to me. But that doesn’t make any change in how I am similar to him.
       A lot of times, he can’t find his way out… and I know how that feels. And he refers to Leslie Burke, as his confidence. She twists to fit the mold that he’s in, why I can absolutely relate with. My grandmother, Is my spirit, if it weren’t for her, I’d probably bottle up all of my emotions, just as jess did before Leslie came along, and helped him defeat some of his fears, some he barely knew he had. I am Jess.

1 comment:

  1. i think that you could add a better conclusion but nice comparison.

    ReplyDelete