Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 7, 2010

The social awareness Project! pt. 2

      An emerging issue at the moment is the teenage suicide. These are just kids trying to fit in; Trying to find themselves. But all the other teenangers out there, are just judging. And yet, they don't have a clue either.
If you hurt someone, eaither emotionally, mentally, or physically, you don't feel their pain right away. And sometimes you don't even feel it.  They do. And things now, spread easily with the new technology. So, as they say, what goes around, comes around.
Now, really, this is just one of the writing assignments for social awareness. But it made me, truly, more aware. So this is #6. write a poem or song responding to a specific social problem.

So based on all that i've seen on trhe news. This is my poem responding to teenage suicide(especially for the gender cases that there has been lately):

"No.
 No, I can't live like this.
 I can't look like this anymore.
 I need to cry because I feel like crap.
I guess that it had been a good idea to plan my death,
 after all,
to have everything set up
for when i'm ready. 
I never meant to hurt anyone.
 and I did that.
And I really hurt myself...in many ways.
I feel completely broke inside.
Their shadow....
Just their eyes-
 I can feel them stinging.
 Their body looming over me-
numbing my mind.
aching.
Just their sight.
Nothings worth it anymore.
 Shut me down"

2 comments:

  1. Wow... that was really good I loved how you added a poem to the ending. Made you think...

    ReplyDelete